INSPIRATION: Community Connections // Annual Hawai’i Conservation Conference
July is Hawai’i Conservation Month! Connecting People, Places, & Planet on July 15-19th, 2013 at the Hawai‘i Convention Center, 1801 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI. Open to everyone including private and public entities, non profits, businesses, community groups, and you! We want to support your efforts to protect Hawaii’s land and sea all year!
JULY 17th Highlights. For a full schedule, click here
Afternoon//1-5:30 PM// Hawai’i Green Growth Initiative hosts “Building Partnerships for a Sustainable Future”
- Interactive, revolving round table discussions sharing “Bright Spots” examples of cross-sector collaboration
- Forums showcasing sustainability issues: seafood security, water security,climate change, tourism and the environment, culture, island ecosystems, agriculture, and food.
Evening//5:30-8:30 PM// Multisensory Hawaiian art, culture, and cuisine “Kupu ‘Ai Kākou”
- Pau ana tastings featuring locally sourced food and drink by Oahu’s favorite chefs
- Trail of Hawaiian music
- Pop-up art exhibition by Maoli Real Time Arts Gallery
- Traditional Hawaiian artisans of “Aupuni Place”
- Poster sessions to hear the latest in cutting edge Conservation research
- Talk story with 40+ green market vendors and green organizations
- Seeds of Hope film screening