ART after DARK: Lethal Beauty
June 28, 2013 6-9pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
- Kendo means “way of the sword”— see members of the Kenshikan Kendo Club demonstrate their kenjutsu skills.
- Learn stealth moves from the Japan Karate Association Hawaii.
- DJ Dana Kruse and DJ Patrick Park spin the latest in J-pop hits.
- Hear the Kenny Endo Contemporary Taiko Ensemble‘s rolling thunder
- Get a fierce look from DFS Beauty makeup artists, then record it for posterity in the InstaBooth.
- Watch zen brush artist Andy Lee paint and take home one of his Lethal Beauty inspired manga booklets
- Take a zip tour of Lethal Beauty: Samurai Weapons and Armor, where you’ll find Art docents ready with an art activity. 7+ 7:30 PM
FOOD + DRINK (available for purchase)
- The Grove puts its twist on Japanese street fare—dine on a yakitori-style chicken plate, tempura sampler, and sushi hand rolls.
- This month’s speciality cocktail is the Sakura.
- In the Members’ Only Mediterranean Courtyard, Candy Art Hawaii demonstrates amezaiku, the traditional Japanese art of handscupting sugar into lollipops. Members take one home, while supplies last!
- Strike your best warrior pose in the Flipbooks Hawaii booth.
POST-ART AFTER DARK
- Secret Sound Showcase: Sing the Body, Sunway, ILLISIT + The NME Band, 9pm, Doris Duke Theatre, $10.
SEE YOU THERE!