5th Annual Mangoes at the Moana! // July 13th
I LOVE mangoes. LOVEE. So when I heard that Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa partnered with Makaha Mangoes to celebrate its 5th annual “Mangoes at the Moana” event anniversary next Saturday, July 13 I was stoked. Locals and visitors are invited to join in on the festivities from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Included in the day’s extensive lineup of celebratory activities, guests are also invited to Mangoes at the Moana’s most popular event “Mango Throw Down” featuring local celebrity executive chefs in a friendly cooking competition using mango as the main ingredient from noon – 4 p.m. Another competitive component to this year’s Mangoes at the Moana lineup of fun will include “Mango Cocktail Mixdown.” Open to public participation, “Mango Cocktail Mixdown” is a competition between cocktail enthusiasts and professional mixologists using Ketel One Vodka and mango as featured ingredient in a mixed drink.
The following events are complimentary to the public:
- Best Mango Recipe Contest – 8:00 am – 11:00 am, Lani Kai Room
- Best Mango Contest – 8:00 am – 10:00 am, Lani Kai Room
- Mango Farmer’s Market – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Banyan Courtyard and Lani Kai Room
- Mango Cooking Demonstration – 12:00 pm – 2:15 pm, Grand Salon
- Mango Cocktail Mixdown – 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Banyan Courtyard
- Mango Seminars & Workshops – 11:45 am – 4:00 pm, Lani Kai Room
- Live Entertainment – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Banyan Courtyard
- “Moana Mangoes” Social Media Contest – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Banyan Courtyard
Reservations/tickets are required to attend these events:
- Mango Throw Down – 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Banyan Courtyard
- Lunch & Afternoon Tea – 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, The Veranda
- (On Sunday, July 14) Keep Calm and Brunch ON – 11:30 am – 2:30pm, beachhouse at the moana
Throughout the “Mangoes at the Moana” event lineup on Saturday, July 13, there will be free entertainment at the resort’s Banyan Courtyard from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Some of Hawaii’s talented local artists will be performing at the event. For information about the “Mangoes at the Moana” festivities, please call the Moana Surfrider at 808-922-3111 and ask for the concierge desk.